Equality and Inclusion
Elements Primary School is an inclusive school. We embrace and welcome our whole community. Diversity is recognised and celebrated at Elements. We passionately believe in our mission, which is to educate children in readiness for them taking their place in society in the twenty first century.
Our children are world citizens. Nothing and nowhere is beyond them!
At Elements we will teach these core values that will help our children to thrive as twenty first century world citizens:
- Respect for everyone;
- Respect for all cultures and values;
- Respect for ourselves and pride in who we are and what we’ve achieved;
- Curiosity about the differences between people;
- Curiosity about the World;
- Tolerance,empathy and sympathy.
Our Equality Objectives have been developed in line with the Equality Act 2010 and Wellspring Academy Trust’s Equality Statement, Policy and Objectives. These objectives are part of our commitment to promoting equality and providing an inclusive school.
1. Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular opportunities, with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity
2. Increase staff awareness of Equality and Diversity
3. Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
Please see information on our Equality Objectives below: